Thursday, April 29, 2010

Persist - 15 Songs

This was my first dabbling in "side projects" - Persist. I played guitar, drums and sang and Steve Mannette played bass and recorded on a rented 4-track. The whole thing was written and recorded in an afternoon in my bedroom at my parents house in 1997.

It's pretty hard to listen to as I was still cutting my teeth at song writing and playing instruments, but in hindsight it's not so bad. My pubescent vocal chords couldn't quite pull off the gutteral screaming I wanted, but it was a good effort. I'm surprised my drumming is as decent as it is seeing as how I was doing blast beats with a single pedal only about a year after starting drumming. Albeit, not very well, but still...the effort is there.

This was recorded and became absolutely nothing. I'm sure my copy is the only one that exist.

http://www.mediafire.com/?imnwnl2o2yx

No comments: