Tuesday, June 10, 2008

DMX, American Idol

Not that I expect everyone to be and stay politically active, but I think this next US presidential race is setting big precidents in terms of deconstructing long held traditions in American culture and government. Even if the dems don't win, the fact that a woman and a black man could fight each other for a nomination (and the black man essentially winning), you'd think everyone, whether they agree or not would have a basic clue as to what's going on.

And then, DMX goes and proves me wrong. When these are the guys that our youth are looking up to, I suppose nothing about the state of the nation should surprise me anymore:


Are you following the presidential race?
Not at all.

You’re not? You know there’s a Black guy running, Barack Obama and then there’s Hillary Clinton.
His name is Barack?!

Barack Obama, yeah.
Barack?!

Barack.
What the fuck is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.
Barack Obama?

Yeah.
What the fuck?! That ain’t no fuckin’ name, yo. That ain’t that nigga’s name. You can’t be serious. Barack Obama. Get the fuck outta here.

You’re telling me you haven’t heard about him before.
I ain’t really paying much attention.

I mean, it’s pretty big if a Black…
Wow, Barack! The nigga’s name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fuck, man?! Is he serious? That ain’t his fuckin’ name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, “Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit” [laughs] “That ain’t your fuckin’ name.” Your momma ain’t name you no damn Barack.

No comments: